Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Salad

I had this salad at a baby shower. My friend Maggie brought it. She is an amazing cook. I have not ever had anything that wasn't delicious if she made it. Wow, there were a lot of double negatives in that last sentence. Check out her food blog-she has a lot of great recipes.

Salad
1 head red leaf lettuce torn in bite sized pieces
1 pkg baby spinach leafs
2 gala apples chopped
2 C red grapes cut in half
1 C grated mozzarella cheese
1 lb bacon cooked crisp drained well and crumbled (look in the salad isle for already cooked, shredded bacon if you don't want to cook bacon)
1/2 C sunflower seeds shelled roasted and salted ( I usually leave this out because I am cheap)

Dressing
1 C sugar
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1 C salad oil
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp dry mustard
1 garlic clove (I added this, I think garlic makes everything better)

Blend them all together.
I have one of those hand held blenders and it makes it so much easier.
If you don't have one and make salad dressing a lot, I would suggest investing in one. They are not that expensive and very handy.

You will probably have extra salad dressing leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment