Friday, June 5, 2009

Honey-Lime Chicken Smothered Burritos

Cook some chicken. I baked mine, then I cut it up.

Then marinate for like a half hour if you've got the time, in this little diddy:
6 TB Honey
4.5 TB lime juice
1 TB chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Then, take your flour tortillas, put some chicken and some cheese (jack or colby) in the middle, roll them up and put them in a pan.Bake them at 375 for a few minutes, make sure you watch them so they don't burn, and make sure the cheese melts.
THEN, add the Green Enchilada sauce (I used and liked Las Palmas brand) on top. I warmed the sauce up and added after I got enchiladas sort of crispy and the cheese melted because if you cook the enchiladas with the sauce, the flour tortillas get all mushy and nasty. And thus, this is why I call them a burrito instead of an enchilada. If you like mushy flour tortillas feel free to cook the enchiladas in the sauce. Garnish with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese for the full on burrito-enchilada style effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment