Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Olive Garden's 5 Cheese Ziti

The 5 Cheese Ziti is my all time favorite Olive Garden dish. I discovered that the sauce listed below makes a fabulous base. I would double it if you are planning on making it in a 9 by 13 pan. To make it 5 cheese, you basically have to add cheese!

Let me tell you how.
So make the pasta and sauce as described below.
Or if you are lazy, you can just do 2 parts alfredo sauce, 1 part spaghetti sauce for the sauce. I have never tried it that way, but I am sure it would work. I think finding a good bottled alfredo sauce is hard. Anyway...

To the sauce, add some:
ricotta, mozzarella, and fontini cheese (look in the specialty cheese section for this cheese)
You decide how cheesy you want it to be.
I would say about 1/2 c. ricotta, 1/4 c. mozzarella, and 3 tbsp. of fontini cheese.

The topping:
3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

To assemble, put the pasta and sauce in a 9 by 13 pan, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then add the topping. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 until it gets bubbly and the top looks glorious and sort of toasty with cheesy goodness.

And you probably should wait a couple days to weigh yourself after you eat this. But it is so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. They all sound super delish!!!!! I didn't know you were such a cook, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete