Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mandarin Orange Cake

This is a really refreshing and pretty cake. And it is so easy to frost, which I think is the best part. I have gotten a lot of requests for this cake recipe. Too bad I didn't make it up.

1 butter-recipe yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp water
3 eggs
1 small can of mandarin oranges with juice
( I have never tried it, but my friend Maggie says you can improve any cake by substituting milk for the water and adding a box of pudding to the cake. This cake is already really good but next time I make it I am going to try Maggie's suggestion)

filling:
12 ounces whipped topping
1 large box vanilla pudding
1 can crushed pineapple

Blend cake ingredients. Pour into 2 cake pans and bake at 350 until fork comes out clean.
let cake cool.

Frost with the combined filling ingredients.
Refrigerate and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment