Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fajitas

This is one of my no brainers, but I have found an especially helpful tip in making these.

Did you know you can buy frozen, already cut up bell peppers and onions?
You can. And it is pretty cheap! Red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and onions already sliced and ready to go! Dinner is halfway done!

-sautee your peppers and onions in olive oil until they are starting to get caramelized
-cook your chicken (or beef) any which way you like. Season with salt and pepper and cumin and seasoning salt. Sometimes I like to cook my chicken in the oven and then cut it up if I am not feeling like dealing with raw meat. Or you can take your uncooked, diced chicken and cook it on the stovetop in some olive oil.
-Add your chicken and veggies together and you are done! Make sure it is well salted and well seasoned. Lots of pepper and cumin will give it that Mexican flavor.

serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment