Friday, June 5, 2009

Old Spaghetti Factory Creamy Pesto Dressing

We went out to dinner with our friends a few months ago and the other wife really talked up the salad dressing. She stated she wished she could bottle it up and take it home. And I thought, hey, I bet I could google that. So I did. And I made it. And I think it worked. I actually put the dressing on a pasta salad and people seemed to like it. It is a little fancier than the usual ranch. It also could make a great marinade for chicken.

3/4 cup oil
1 cup mayo (uh...light mayo, check out how much oil is in it too)
3/4 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp grated romano cheese
2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic (minced) (maybe more, the garlic is really key in this recipe)
1/4 tsp paprika

Whisk together oil and mayo.
Add other ingredients.
Cover and let flavors meld overnight in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment