Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Best BBQ Beans in the West

As my cousin Erin knows, AZ has a lot of BBQ. So I know BBQ when I taste it. Okay, I am joking, but seriously these are the best BBQ beans I have ever had. I had them the night before I got married (dangerous to eat beans before a wedding, I know...) and I liked them so much I actually took the time to get the recipe that night, which is saying something, because there were about a billion other things I could have been worrying about...like picking up my wedding dress before midnight...But man, I sure liked the beans.

Calico Beans:

1/2 pound hamburger
1/2 pound bacon
1 large chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dry mustard
4 tsp. vinegar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 30 ounce pork and beans
1 15 ounce chick peas drained
1 15 ounce kidney beans drained
1 10 ounce lima beans

Cook hamburger, bacon and onion.
Stir in all the other stuff.
cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Or this is great in the crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment